HOW TO SHOP FOR
A portable air purifier can reduce asthma and allergy symptoms, as well as help those who suffer from lung problems.
When it comes to shopping for a portable air cleaner, start by assessing the features you need in a good air purifier:
• Size—most manufacturers will provide consumers with the appropriate room size that the air purifier can clean efficiently and effectively. A good rule of thumb is purchasing an air purifier that is certified for a room size that is at least one third larger than the one you are putting it in to.
• Air filtering efficiency—this is important because at the basic level, you want an air purifier that will effectively clean the air.
• Noise level—this should be as low as possible but remember, quieter doesn’t necessarily mean better.
• Warranty—ideally, a unit with at least a year warranty is good to have in case of any unforeseen issues.
• Electricity costs—know how much it costs to run an electronic air cleaner.
• Indicator lights for filter changes—some units have them and while it’s not necessary, it’s very convenient.
• Size and look of air purifiers—opt for sleek and pleasing to the eye purifiers that won’t be as noticeable in your home.
By looking at these features, you’ll gain a greater knowledge of shopping for the best air purifiers that are fair in cost and high in efficiency.
Written by: Eco Shop
|CLEANING PRODUCTS||CLOTHING||COMPUTER PRODUCTS|
|ECO KIDS||ECO TRAVEL||EDUCATION|
|ENERGY CONSERVATION||ENERGY EFFICIENT HOMES||ENGINEERING|
|NATURAL PEST CONTROL||NEW AGE||OFFICE|
|PROMOTIONAL RESOURCES||RECYCLED||SAFE ENVIRONMENTS|
|WHOLESALE||WOOD||HOW TO ADVERTISE|
|* * * IN-HOUSE RESOURCES * * *|
|WHAT'S NEW||ACTIVISM ALERTS||DAILY ECO NEWS|
|LOCAL RESOURCES DATABASE||ASK THE EXPERTS||ECO CHAT|
|ECO FORUMS||ARTICLES||ECO QUOTES|
|INTERVIEWS & SPEECHES||NON-PROFIT GROUPS||ECO LINKS|
|KIDS LINKS||RENEWABLE ENERGY||GOVERNMENT/EDUCATION|
|VEGGIE RESTAURANTS||ECO AUDIO/VIDEO||EVENTS|
|COMMUNICATIONS||WHAT PEOPLE ARE SAYING||ACCOLADES|